Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the customers who use the United Utilities Phone Number ask some very similar questions. These are some of the questions that are usually asked:
Is A Water Meter The Best Thing For Me? How Do I Apply For One?
A water meter is usually a suitable alternative for small families or if you live in a house with a high rateable value. You can also use the United Utilities Water Usage Calculator to see if you could save money by having a water meter installed.
If you decide a water meter isn’t right for you, as long as you let United Utilities know within 13 months of having it fitted, they will switch you back to being charged your homes rateable value, and there will be no charge for this.
To apply for a water meter, you can fill in the application online or speak to a member of staff by calling the United Utilities Contact Number.
What Do I Need To Do If I Am Moving House?
If you will no longer be responsible for your bill and your move will be taking you out of the North West, or at least out of the areas serviced by United Utilities, you should ring the United Utilities Phone Number and make them aware of the situation. Alternatively, if you are registered for My Account, you can do this process online.
When making United Utilities aware of your move you will need certain information to hand. This includes
– Your account number, or at least the post code of your previous address
– The date you plan to move on
– If you had a water meter, a final and recent reading
– If you know it, the name of the person moving into your address
– Your new address to send your final bill to.
How Can I Pay My Bills?
There are 8 different ways to pay your United Utilities bill. These are
– You will need to have your Account Number to hand to make an online payment
By Direct Debit
– You can save up to £5 a year by paying by Direct Debit
Automated Payments Line
– You can ring the automated payments line
– Make sure you have your account number ready
– Visit your local Payzone outlet
– Go to your nearest Post Office
– There is no charge for using these services
– Make the cheque payable to United Utilities Water PLC and send it with your payment slip to the address that is shown on your bill.
– Write your customer account number on the back of your cheque
By Debit or Credit Card
– To pay by credit or debit card, you will need to use either the automated payment line, the online services or by using the option in My Account
– The banking details are
– NatWest Bank PLC
– Sort Code: 010917
– Account Number: 58933956
At Your Bank
– Just take your bill in with you and you make the payment by cash or cheque to United Utilities Water PLC.
– Please note that some banks and building societies may charge for this.
If you have any other questions, you should ring United Utilities Customer Services and someone will be able to assist you.
About United Utilities
United Utilities was founded in 1995 and was formed by the merging of North West Water and NORWEB.
It is responsible for most of the areas in the North West of England, including Cumbria, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside. In total, these areas have a combined population level of nearly 7 million people.
United Utilities also has an independent trust fund that was established to help people out of poverty and debt. It functions off of donations made by United Utilities.
Its headquarters are based at Lingley Mere in Warrington.
Popular Questions About United Utilities
Where do United Utilities cover?
United Utilities’ covers the North West of England, which is coincidentally the wettest region in England.
Where does United Utilities water come from?
The majority of United Utilities drinking water comes from water reservoirs, which are usually very soft. Occasionally, United Utilities will use water from the South which is harder, but these are usually blended with softer sources.
When is United Utilities bill due?
The United Utilities bill does not need to be paid off in one lump sum. You can pay it by monthly direct debit or online. There is no specific set date when a bill is due, so check your bill closely when it arrives, as this will inform you of when you need to pay.
How to read United Utilities water meter?
Your water meter can usually be found in a path at the end of your garden or attached to an outside wall. Read it as you would a gas/electricity meter- the black and white numbers show how much you have used.
How to cancel United Utilities
If you are moving home, away from United Utilities area, you can inform the supplier online or over the phone, using the contact number which can be found at the top of the page. They’ll make the process as straightforward as possible for you.